The wellbeing and safety of our customers and teammates is our top priority. At the current stage of the pandemic, we have instituted the following policies and procedures to safely and efficiently provide quality service to our customers.
Mask & Social Distancing Requirements
As a result of the recent CDC updates, salespeople, van operators and crew are no longer required to wear masks or social distance in most instances. However, there are special considerations to keep in mind that may require a mask to be worn by those providing in-home services:
- CDC Recommendations: While the CDC removed mandates, masks are still recommended in areas where the COVID-19 Community Level is high. Agents and van operators are encouraged to visit the CDC website to use the COVID-19 Community Check.
- Local Requirements: Some municipalities may still require masking and social distancing.
- Military Orders: At this time, masks and social distancing are still required. We will provide updated information as it becomes available.
- National Accounts: Select National Account customers also require mask and social distancing. Bookers are required to annotate their customer mask and social distancing requirements in special instructions.
- Customer Requests: Some customers will likely express their desire for the crew to wear masks during a conversation with their move coordinator. The crew will then comply with the desires of their client.
Any crew member who has tested positive for COVID-19 or is awaiting test results due to likely COVID-19 exposure or infection will remove themselves from the shipment immediately.
Providing a safe working environment for our employees is also top priority.
Any family member who has tested positive or is awaiting test results due to exposure should not be physically present during the moving process. For more information on what to do if you’re sick, click here for guidance from the CDC.
If you begin to feel unwell close to your move, please contact your move coordinator immediately.
While we cannot require customers to wear a mask, some drivers and crews providing in-home services may desire customers to wear masks because they or someone in their family could be high risk for COVID complications should they get infected. If this is the case, your move coordinator or driver may have conversations with customers politely asking if the customer would mind wearing a mask and/or socially distancing while crews are in-home.
Additional Suggestions for Protecting Yourself and Others
Employees and customers are encouraged to visit the CDC website to review the latest recommendations and follow the guidance on how to protect themselves and others. Current recommendations include getting vaccinated, testing, washing hands frequently, covering coughs and sneezes, cleaning and disinfecting surfaces, and monitoring your health.
Additionally, check out the steps you can take to ensure your move is as safe as possible.
The CDC recommendations are continually changing. As the CDC releases additional information and guidelines, Corrigan Moving has been and will continue taking steps to ensure the health and well‐being of all. This situation is dynamic and information is frequently updating. Corrigan Moving will be changing this action policy as CDC guidelines are changed.